The following are our submission guidelines. These also applies to
photographs and other artworks. There are usually no deadlines for
submission unless it is for thematic purposes. We will consider submissions on general
journal-keeping themes and products.
1. Send in a maximum of one feature, essay, commentary or product, D.I.Y project review at a time. A 500-1000 word limit is suggested.
2. We will accept submissions via email only. We ask that you please send the text of your query or submission in plain text in the body of your e-mail, rather than as an attached file (MS Word is acceptable), as we may not be able to read the format of your file. If you wish to contribute, please spend some time familiarizing yourself with our various categories and features.
Email address for submissions and link tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put the words "EDITORIAL SUBMISSIONS" or "LINK TIP" on the subject line of the e-mail.
Tell us a little about yourself -- your experience and background as a writer and qualifications for writing a particular story. If you have clips you can send us via e-mail, or Web addresses of pages that contain your work, please send us a representative sampling (no more than three or four, please).
Upon acceptance, writer grants Notebookism.com one time publication as
well as one-time anthology rights. Writers retain copyright ownership
of their work and can publish it in print anytime. The piece will be
featured in the main section of the website for a maximum of 2 days or
until the current page cycles out. At that time, the work will be
placed in the archives where it can be accessed by readers.
4. Simultaneous submissions are permitted. Reprints are also welcome. Please include all the necessary attributions, copyright notices and link URLs.
5. We do our best to promptly respond to all inquiries, but be aware that we are sometimes unable to do so. If you have not heard back from us after three weeks, please assume that we will not be able to use your idea or submission.
6. Photos and illustration are also welcome. Please do not send copyrighted images other than your own. Captions are required.
7. If mailing is needed, all submissions must be accompanied by a self-addressed envelope with appropriate return postage if you wish your submissions to be returned. Email us for the postal address.
8. Notebookism.com is not able to offer financial compensation for material at this time.
9. If you want to be featured on Notebookism, please send a short bio, an image of your notebook in your setting and caption. Business and other commercial updates and product news should be clearly labeled.
SPECIAL NOTE ON ADVERTISING/SELF LINKS:
While we support the entrepreneural spirit, we don't appreciate constant shameless plugging in the comment box. Ask first, otherwise consider your link deleted.
FOR PERSONAL LINK REQUESTS:
Don't call us, we'll call you.